Spring Break is here! School will resume on Monday, April 2. I hope everyone has a safe and restful spring break!
Our overnight trip to Atwood was a success. We had a great time bonding as a class and working together on building teamwork skills. We also had a sensory night hike that included a solo hike in the dark. We sang around the campfire and made s'mores. We played a fun game of Predator vs. Prey, even though not many of us survived during the game! It was a great time and I think the students really enjoyed themselves!
Here are some updates and reminders for next few weeks:
One thing is for sure...these kids are ready for ATWOOD!! They were just bursting today with excitement...and questions :) We went over the bus, packing, medicine, money, showering, food, you name it we talked about it!
On Tuesday, students are to arrive to school at normal time. If they would like to come a bit before to get their stuff settled, that is fine. I will be in our designated area starting at 8AM. Students are to drop their bags off in the back of the lunchroom (the last two tables closest to Dance). I will be there to check for 3 things:
* All bags, sleeping bags, pillow are labeled with a name (I will have tape/marker)
* All medicines that are brought must be turned into me. Medication must be in a ziploc bag with the card included with this form. Each medication needs its own bag.
* Students can turn their money into me if they would like me to hold onto it until we visit the store (they are responsible for their money if they choose to hold onto it). Please make sure it is labelled with your child’s name.
We will leave for Atwood around 10AM. Students must bring a lunch to eat on the bus. The lunch must be disposable since all food items will be collected. They will not need a snack on the way back because we will be eating lunch before we depart. They can bring things like notebooks, books, cards, or coloring books for the bus ride as well. Like stated in the registration form, no electronics, including watches enabled with cellular/data plans, are allowed (cameras are permitted). Students will have an opportunity to shower at night, but it is not mandatory. Please discuss your child’s plan and help him or her pack the necessary supplies.
Please make sure to pack a warm winter jacket, hat, and gloves; right now it looks like it will be in the 40s, but remember we will be taking a hike in the evening. If students do not have a raincoat, a poncho on top may be a good option. Two pairs of outdoor shoes are recommended in case one pair gets wet the first day. They also need a pair of shoes to wear indoors.
It's going to be a great trip!
One more week to purchase your tickets for the $1,000 Raffle -- NOW ONLINE!
It's hard to believe we are already in the month of March. This is going to be a busy month. Here are a few reminders:
* Ukulele Performance is Friday, March 9 at 9am!! Please join us for the 5th grade concert in the multipurpose room. It will be a great show!
* Science Fair Component #2 is due Friday, March 9th. All science fair experiments should be completed in the next week. All instructions for data and conclusions are posted on Google Classroom. If students need an extension, they are to write Mrs. Butala an email or send a note.
* Atwood money and permission forms need to be turned in no later than Monday. Our trip to Atwood is March 20 - 21! It will be here before we know it!
* We have an Author Visit on Wednesday, March 7th. If your child is interested in purchasing the book, please complete the form and turn it in to Ms. Wiltse by Monday.
* PARCC Testing for 5th grade will be April 2 - April 10