Here are a few due dates for upcoming projects...
* The Robert Crown field trip is next Thursday. Please remember to bring a sack lunch for the day.
* On Tuesday, the 5th grade students will take the ISBE Science assessment during their science class period. This test does not attribute to fourth quarter grades, Academic center, or high school entrance.
* Update from Mrs. Sugrue:
Computer Science Community Research Projects are coming together nicely! Students should be finished collecting data and are now analyzing that data. For the next two weeks, students will be working on finalizing their reports as well as constructing their final projects. Students have the option of creating a model of the suggested solution OR a tri-fold board presenting their findings. Also, creating a website, blog or video that can be used to educate others on their topic. Students will have class time to work on these, but they will also need to dedicate time at home.
Please remember to mark your calendars for May 12th from 8:30-9:00 a.m. for a viewing of this projects in the Multi-Purpose Room.
Update from Mrs. Butala:
On Monday, your child came home with two permission slips. One to attend the field trip to Robert Crown (4/27) and another to participate in the Coonley Sexual Health Unit after the field trip. I will be hosting a parent Q & A on Tuesday, April 25th at 8:00 am in room 217 to review specific lesson objectives and answer any questions parents have about the curriculum.
Report Card Pick-Up
Mrs. Parsons - www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0E4AA8AF2EA1FB6-3rdquarter1
Mrs. Butala- http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44aea92fa7fb6-3rdquarter1
Mrs. Sugrue- www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0B48AEA622ABF94-spring2
4th Quarter Updates from Mrs. Butala:
* Science Fair Projects have begun! This week students received a letter about science fair information and important due dates. Please check my website (butalabuzz.weebly.com) for a copy of the letter. Student proposal sheets (with a parent signature) are due April 21st.
* Young Authors is due May 15th. This is to be completed outside of class. If a student would like feedback from me on their first draft, I am asking they send it to me by May 1st. They have received a check list to help them organize for this project.
* The 5th grade Sex Health Education program will begin at the end of April. We are scheduled to attend a session at Robert Crown on April 27th. I will be passing out a permission slip for the unit (includes a list of topics) and our trip to Robert Crown when we arrive back from Spring Break.
Thank you and have a great Spring Break! :) Mrs. Butala